An MOT test is compulsory in the UK for any car which is over three years old. It isn’t a one-time ordeal; you have to renew your certificate every year. The test is meant to analyze safety levels and emission levels to ensure that your car is safe to drive on the road. Car owners that go for MOT testing in Sutton fail half of the time. While sometimes the condition is serious, it could have been avoided the rest of the times. In reality, you can prevent this failure with a few precautions. Here are the things that will help you ace the test:
Basics to Pass the MOT Test
- Clean your car before the test. A cluttered cabin and hood or dusty exteriors might be a red flag. It is a good idea to wipe your windows and windshield clean. Small things might come in the way of your test.
- Ensure all your lights are working correctly. Check the main, dipper and beam front headlights along with the rear headlight. Hazard lines and indicators should be checked. Don’t forget your brake light as well. Usually, a broken or fused bulb that went unnoticed will fail you.
- The amount of times when people have failed because of their tires is very high. Ensure all your tires fulfil the minimum legal tread depth. It will help if you also look out for any damages like any cuts and tears. Under or over-inflated tires will also cause troubles.
- Having a clean windshield is not the only thing you should look into. Having the driver’s central view clear is a significant step towards safety. Make sure to remove any parking tickets that obstruct the view, the area where the wipers operate. Any damage more significant than 40 mm will cause problems and so will any damage larger than 10 mm in the driver’s view. Lastly, having no holes or tears in the rubber will keep you out of trouble.
- Checking your exhaust system and horns for optimum conditions will save you. While you are at it, you should also check your handbrake.
Getting your MOT test from a reputed centre is a good idea. Nork Motors does excellent MOT testing in Sutton. It is DVSA approved and aims to give customers the best experience. It also offers excellent repairs for any faulty parts in the car so that all your needs can be taken care of at one place.